1931 - CRUSADER & COMET Named
30th September. The destroyers Crusader and Comet were christened and floated up in No. 13 Dry Dock where they had been built with the Mining School Tender Nightingale. They were the first destroyers to be built in a Royal Dockyard and proved to be lighter than the rest of the class due to welding the superstructure; they were also the cheapest of the class to be built.
They were transferred to the Royal Canadian Navy in 1938 and became Ottawa and Restigouche.