1906 - Transfer Of Holy Trinity Church to Naval Authorities
Transfer of the Holy Trinity Church to the Naval authorities at Portsmouth.
The church was built in 1839 and consecrated on 30th September 1841 by the Bishop of Winchester. It had a devoted congregation that in 1877 freely renovated and improved the church; much of the wood work was performed by Dockyard Shipwrights. The last service was held on 23rd February 1906.
The Admiralty paid £5000 for the land and the building which was distributed among other churches of the town. Sadly the church was lost during the WW II German bombing campaign but the ruins can still be seen in the dockyard to-day.