1901 - Erection of 100 ton Sheer Legs
The 100 ton Sheer Legs were erected on the south side on No.3 Basin at a cost of £13,140 including machinery. They were built by Messrs. Cowan Sheldon & Co, Carlisle. Two steam boilers provided the power for the lifting and movement of the back leg that was moved by a screw. The working load was 100 tons with a maximum overhang of 53 ft and a lift of 137 ft. They were demolished on 18th March 1939.