1874 - Fire in No. 11 Storehouse
Disastrous Fire. No.11 Store House (now the Naval Museum) was completely gutted by fire down to the ground floor. However the massive walls remained intact and in 1879 the building was restored to its original state. In the apex of the front of the building can be seen a fine old clock. It was brought from the Royal Naval Armaments Depot at Lodge Hill near Rochester in 1963.