1848 - No. 6 Boathouse Opened as Mast House
No 6 Boathouse was opened as a Mast House. It is a yellow brick structure built around a cast iron frame work consisting of elegant cast iron beams and columns. It was badly damaged by German bombed in 1941 The damage was not repaired until 2000 when the new attraction Action Stations was opened and a cinema was incorporated into the site of the bomb damage.(see 1939-1945).