1839 - Holy Trinity Church, Portsea
20th June – the foundation stone of the Holy Trinity Church, Portsea was laid by the Warden of Winchester College. It was taken into the Dockyard in 1906 and became a naval church. It was destroyed during the early German bombing but the ruins are still visible today in the grounds of Trinity House in the Dockyard. The ceremony of consecration was performed on 30th September 1841 by the Bishop of Winchester.