1830 - Old Smithery Converted
November. The old Smithery that had been built in the mid 1790’s was converted into a Millwright’s Shop and Boiler Shop although the Boiler Shop was not fully operational until 1832. With the completion of the 1845 extension workshops this facility became redundant and was converted to offices. The North face of the building is the original Smithery and is thought to be the oldest Smithery in any of the old Royal Dockyards.