1943 - Frederick Street, Gloucester Street & Marlborough Row
1943. Frederick Street, Gloucester Street and Marlborough Row, Portsea taken into the Dockyard (5 acres). Marlborough Gate originally built in 1711 was moved to the apex at Bonfire Corner. This area had been known as the Marlborough Salient as it protruded in to the Dockyard and had been planned to be taken into the Dockyard during the mid 1930’s; clearing of the area by German bombing hastened the decision.