Loader

1938 - Land for Naval Signal School

28th May. The City Council adopted the recommendation of the Finance and General Purpose Committee to sell to the Admiralty 40.56 acres of land on the Western side of Northern Parade at the district values price of £72,000, for the purpose of erecting a Naval Signal School. This sum was subsequently reduced to £27,161. (See 1937)