Loader

1850 - Frederick’s Battery

25th April. It was reported that Frederick’s Battery was completed. This was later dismantled in the late 1860’s and rebuilt with the Round Tower on the north-eastern corner of the Dockyard, where it can be seen to-day. Interestingly the square structure on the south side is thought to be the remains of the original Anchor Gate.