Loader

1828 - Gosport Victualling Yard

Victualling facilities from both sides of the harbour brought onto one site in Gosport Weevil Yard (renamed in 1831 to the Royal Clarence Victualling Yard) extensively rebuilt from this date to 1832. The name Clarence commemorated the Duke of Clarence, Lord High Admiral. A new granary, flour mill and bakery was added to the existing cooperage (see 1766) and brewery (see 1761).