1816 - Launches of PITT & PALLAS
13th April. The 74 gun ship Pitt was launched from the Yard. Being one of the “FortyThieves” ( Armada class). She never went to sea; in 1853 she was converted to a coal hulk and served in Portsmouth harbour until being broken there in 1877.
13th April. On the same day as the Pitt was launched so was the 42 gun frigate Pallas. She was originally laid down as the Guillaum at Northam, but her frames were transferred to Portsmouth in 1811 to complete her building. In 1836 she became a coaling ship at Plymouth from where she was sold to a private buyer in 1862.