1. The major part of current work arises from the recent move from No. 4 Boathouse to the first floor of No. 10 Store, above the National Museum of the Royal Navy. The move to No. 10 has given the team a warm and habitable office and work is proceeding well.
2. Changes to Dockyard Apprentice Exhibition. Potential improvements are being discussed with the PNBPT and their consultants, Paragon. separately the SG will participate in a project to create a Walk-around Guide for the PHD Smartphone app.
3. BBC One Show TV programme. “Fame in a Frame” by Carol White has been filmed in the Dockyard featuring girl apprentices in the 1969 entry. Significant information and research was co-ordinated by John Regnard.
4. Unwanted Boxed Drawings. About 20 boxes from No. 9 store have recently been disposed of, creating more space for sorting the remainder.
5. Racking. Obtained and now erected in No. 10 store. Removal of the Rate Book ledgers from No. 9 can now proceed.
6. New Computer. Hardware has been purchased and installed in No. 10 office.
7. Visit by the Lord Mayor on 5th March 2015.
is now available.
During the last few years, the Journal has been issued on a yearly basis, due primarily to the hard work of the Vice Chairman / Membership Secretary, and Minute Secretary.
To continue at this rate, it is necessary for a steady input of articles from the membership. Even non- active members must have memories and information about their time in the “Yard”. Please submit your copy to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For membership information, please contact
Membership Secretary - Mr R. Hazel Membership. Sec.183 Greenfield Crescent, Horndean, Waterlooville. Hants. PO8 9ER
Tel. 02392 591053
Secretary – Neil Edden
For publications, please contact:
Alan Slade, 10 Lightfoot Lawn, Southsea, Hampshire, PO4 8HX. Tel: 02392 730356.